Cyber Essentials – Web page Content
At Link-IT, we can help your organisation achieve the Cyber Essentials certification.
Achieving Cyber Essentials certification allows an organisation to demonstrate to its clients, stakeholders and others that they have put essential cyber security measures in place to minimise the risk they face from cybercriminals.
As an IASME-accredited certification body, Link-IT can help your organisation achieve Cyber Essentials.
Five key control areas
Cyber Essentials is fast becoming a certification that Government bodies are looking out for; many Government contracts have a Cyber Essentials requirement, depending on the sensitivity of the data being handled.
Five areas that Cyber Essentials focus on are:
- Access Control - Are users only able to access what they should be able to?
- Secure Configuration - Are your systems configured in a way that makes them secure?
- Firewalls and Internet Gateways - Are they set up correctly to effectively protect your network from unwanted intrusion?
- Malware Protection - Is your antivirus adequate and up-to-date, are you scanning regularly?
- Patch Management - Are you using the latest versions of software and have patches been applied within the last 14 days?
Why should my organisation get Cyber Essentials?
Five reasons to achieve Cyber Essentials:
- Demonstrates that your organisation has adequate measures in place and takes cyber security seriously
- Enables you to bid for Government contracts with a mandatory Cyber Essentials requirement
- Ensures your organisation approaches online working in a safe, risk-minimising way
- Provides a solid foundation from which you can build towards achieving other information assurance certifications such as Cyber Essentials Plus, IASME and ISO 27001:2013
- A cost-effective method of achieving information assurance certification
How can Link-IT help?
Link-IT is an IASME-accredited certification body, meaning we can assess your organisation for the IASME Standard and Cyber Essentials. Having attained Cyber Essentials and the IASME Gold standard ourselves, we understand the importance of implementing good cyber security practices and the benefits of being able to demonstrate this to our clients.
We are on hand at every stage to assist in the planning, implementing and maintaining of cyber security controls. We will provide detailed feedback regarding any aspect of your cyber security that we feel could leave your company at risk. Forging a long-term relationship to help you achieve compliance in the future.